Tuesday, June 16, 2009

365:Day 136 ~ Hasta La Vista ... Baby Toys!

Every few months, I go through the girl’s toys to pull out what they have outgrown to take it to a resale shop. Whatever money I get, I split between Macy and Carly’s savings accounts … and the stuff I don’t sell, we donate.

So tonight after the kids went to bed, I went through their toys in the playroom {and a few in the family room} and pulled out all of this stuff. This time I found myself being a little bit sad about it though. It was really the last of the actual “baby toys”. The last time I did this I left these few things because of their educational value. But now it’s time for them to go. Just another indication that my sweet girls are indeed growing up! One that got me in particular is the Fisher Price Little People Farm. I have watched these two little mamas play with that farm for HOURS! I even remember the one I had when I was a kid!

But … even though I’m a bit emotional {shocker, I know}, I am THRILLED to be gaining a little space back in our house! It’s sad, but exhilarating! Tomorrow all of these baby toys and books, along with one bag of clothes, will be heading to Once Upon a Child. I’m sure that there are other boys and girls who will love al of it! So I guess all that’s left to say is…

HASTA LA VISTA, BABY TOYS!

3 comments:

B.E.A.L. said...

awww...that makes me a little sad too! I remember macy playing with some of those toys and i love that carly played with the same ones.

so glad you are gaining some space even if it only means you get to add more stuff!

Anonymous said...

I hear ya... its always a little sad to get rid of their things. But I do love me some free space (if only for a little while!).

p.s. We have owned just about every. single. one of those toys!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.