Wednesday, July 1, 2009

365:Day 151 ~ Customer Service

The Bryce fam gave me a mall gift card for my birthday, so today I headed to the mall to see if I could find some shorts to take to the beach. I didn’t actually find any shorts, but I did score another fantastic bargain!



While I was in The Gap I noticed that my favorite “run around” jeans were on sale for $20. I got a pair in November, but last month one of the seams split. I happened to ask a saleslady if there was anything they could do for me since the jeans were defective since I was way past the 90 day return policy. I expected her to say no and was surprised when she told me to run home and get them and that she’d let me exchange them. But I was even more surprised when I got back to the store. There is nothing that I like more than great customer service! The lady not only let me return my defective jeans, but she gave me my full credit back since I had my receipt!!! So, I walked out of there with 2 pairs of jeans, a tank top, AND 64 cents. Now that’s what I call customer service!

3 comments:

Kristi Joy said...

One word - WOW!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh girl, that's my kind of shopping day! I picked up a pair of those $20 jeans myself! (And one more pair a few days later when they had an extra 40% off that $20! Woohoo!)

B.E.A.L. said...

you know how much I love a bargain...and I love great customer service just as much!

That is awesome!