Saturday, July 11, 2009

365:Day 161 ~ Our Little Detour

We decided that it would be fun to take the ferry out of town instead of just the usual, well, highway! :) The ferry leaves every 45 minutes and goes from Gulf Shores to Dauphin Island, an area we really wanted to check out. The girls and I had never been on a ferry before, so it was pretty cool! We were one of 24 vehicles on the boat! And it even cut about an hour off our drive {we skipped driving through Mobile}! We got to stand on a platform and look out at the gulf AND we even saw dolphins! It was the perfect way to end our trip! Something I know we will all remember!

The girls thought it was so cool to see the captain, which is why I snapped this pic! I just adore how their little minds work!

2 comments:

The Rodriguez Crew said...

well buddy? did you happen to spot any oil platforms out there in that ocean b/c they were probably Shell's and that is another piece to the puzzle of what I DO exactly!! hahaha!

super cool little detour!!

B.E.A.L. said...

what a fun little variation...I bet the girls loved it! so glad yall did it!

I love that the girls were excited to see the captain!