Thursday, August 6, 2009

365:Day 187 ~ M.I.C.K.E.Y.

D.O.G.G.Y!!!!!

We had a tiny and unexpected visitor in our backyard tonight. Now, our backyard is not stranger to visitors ... squirrels, birds, and rabbits have been know to stop by. But this was a first. At around 7:30pm, the dogs started barking on and off, which is not unusual because they often bark at squirrels and rabbits, so I didn't think anything of it.

However, a few minutes before I was going to get the kids in bed, Carly shouted, "Mommy, Mommy...I see a baby puppy in our backyard!!!" Upon glancing out onto our patio I realized that she was indeed right. There was a random dog on our patio, although it wasn't actually a baby, just a small black Chihuahua. RANDOM! I have no idea how he got in. There are a few holes along our fence that the rabbits have dug and the dog was definitely small enough to fit through one, but still...pretty freakin' random!

I put the kiddos to bed and assured that that I would take care of the dog situation. Then, I got our dogs inside and I headed out to make friends with the little thing. It took about 10 minutes, but eventually he let me look at his collar. I discovered that his name was Mickey and called his owner, who as it turns out is our neighbor! DOUBLE RANDOM!!!

Had a little adventure tonight, we did. A strange and random and little bitty Chihuahua-sized adventure.

1 comment:

B.E.A.L. said...

really....are you kidding me? that is so random!