Saturday, January 1, 2011

“Don't let what you can't do interfere with what you can do.” ~ John Wooden

Anyone else held prisoner to this, or is it just me?

I'm a perfectionist.
I'm anal.
I like to be good at things.
I don't like to "fail".
I take on more than I can handle...at my own expense.
I'm way too hard on myself.
I've been known to make myself crazy.

Sometimes - a lot of the time - I let what I can't do interfere with what I can do.

All this babbling to say that I think that I am officially done with my 365:Photo.a.Day Blog.  It's hard to keep up with two blogs.  Not impossible, but hard.  And I think that I decided that I want to focus my attention on our family blog ... and creating our family blog into annual blog books {which I'm a year behind on right now}. 

It's a bittersweet decision for me.  I've been pondering what to do for weeks now.  And I pondered the same thing last year.  What I love most about having this 365 blog is that it forces me to take at least one picture each and every day.  And often times gets me to take pictures of things that I might not otherwise...while practicing my photog skillz {or lack there of} in the process.  I also love having snip-its of our daily life.  All of these reasons are what kept me doing this blog in 2010.

But.

What I don't love is that even though this blog is easy daily maintenance - 10-15min per day - it still takes time away daily that I could be spending on our family blog.

I know that as lists of pros and cons go....these pros seem to win by a landslide.  So, what I've decided to do is kind of reformat my 365.  I'm not sure if it will be in the form of a weekly post on our family blog with a favorite weekly photo....or if it will be in the form of a weekly post on our family blog with a photo from each day.....or what.  I'm still in the process of deciding what my 2011 plan will be, but I do know that what I love most about this 365 blog {the daily snapshots of our life and the different outlook on taking pictures} is not something that I'm willing to lose.

Dang...sometimes I'm so flippin' wordy.  Sorry for this long, blabbering post.

Anywaaaayyyy, for now this is goodbye to this 365 format.  But I will for sure continue it in some other manner.  I have really enjoyed doing this blog for the past two years...I'm just ready to take it in a slightly different direction.  Thanks a million for taking this ride with me for the past {almost} two years.  It's been a good one! 

Here's to 2011 being a year where I do a better job of not letting what I can't do interfere with what I can.  xxoo.

3 comments:

B.E.A.L. said...

dude...we are SO on the same wave length that it isnt even funny!

I have been contemplating this for the last few weeks and I just said to Bobby the other day that I wasn't doing another 365.

The fact that we BOTH decided this and we didn't even mention to each other is crazy!

I can't wait to see what you do in the future!

Kristi Joy said...

Happy New Year Ms Jodi! Whatever you decide, I'm happy to take a "lil peek"!

You're doin a fab job of being a great momma, so cut yourself some slack. Take a breath, yes, deeply inhale the joys of being a fun, cool and hip momma!

Have a great day and enjoy the ride!

amanda said...

I so understand where you're coming from! And I will miss these daily pics... but I do LOVE your family blog... so I'll get my fix that way! :)

Happy new year, friend!