Monday, November 9, 2009

365:Day 282 ~ Mean Ole Daddy...

Messy bedrooms
+
not cleaning up fast enough because there's still some playing going on
=
Daddy taking away everything that didn't get put away and putting it all up on the refrigerator until further notice.

which also =
an extremely upset 3.5 year old.

ex
trem
ely.

Poor Carly Anne was beside herself with this consequence. She kept saying through her tears, "why daddy do dis?"

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry for her. Bless her little non-direction followin, consequence havin' heart {and her big sis too}.

bill told the girls that they can have their stuff back when they show us that they know how to clean up WHEN we ask them to. return date TBA. :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have a *mean ole daddy* at our house too!

And what is it about a toddler's little cry when they *just don't get it*... it makes me sad and laugh all at the same time! What a cute little 3.5 year old you have!

B.E.A.L. said...

oh girl...we have had this happen on several occasions too! I can totally picture carly crying and saying "why daddy do dis?

hope it works soon! way to go Bleonard!

jarleonard said...

What a good mama and daddy those girls have...you're doing the right thing even when it isn't easy. YEA! Still, I can't help but be heartbroken when I picture sweet Carly crying about it. Poor little precious...

Meg said...

I love that idea!

Kristi Joy said...

Hey, I love the idea... but alas, it would break my heart to do it. So I need to tell our "mean ol' daddy" to do it.

Be sure to post an update on how the "getting back" goes!

Wishing your girls good listening ears this weekend!